Sunday 8 January 2012

Manny's Special- Beef Trinchado

On Friday I found out that one of the ladies working in my office had not tasted a "Manny's Special". What??? Being the good Samaritan I am, I dragged her off immediately to GrandSlam Sports Diner in Edenvale to show her what she has been missing :-) This is the restaurant/pub/sports bar where the great Manny's special can be found.


Basically Manny's special is this incredible beef trinchado, where thick chunks of beef float effortlessly in a rich but magical gravy. It's served with either extra crispy chips (seen below), potato wedges, mash or a Portuguese roll and I can quite honestly say that it is one of the most incredible dishes around. Despite numerous attempts at bribing the GrandSlam waitresses to share the recipe, I still have had no luck.


Manny's Special Before

Manny's Special After :-)

"Grandslam" has a stunning view from the deck and such a rad vibe, especially on a Friday afternoon after work and during any big sporting events and I seriously recommend that you make a plan to go there and get yourself a Manny's special, or at least get yourself a take away :-)
 
The view


1 comment:

  1. ...the picture makes me wanna have another Manny's Special right now!! YUM!!
    I didn't realise the view was so beautiful from the deck!! ;)

    ReplyDelete