Saturday 17 March 2012

An App Worth Obsessing About...

So I have recently gotten into the whole road running thing...and I've been having such fun running races on the weekend and training for them during the week. One of the most difficult things is that it is so difficult to train if you don't know how far you are running. Fortunately I was introduced to an amazing app called "i Map My Run"

This app helps you to record all the details related to your run, including:
  • The distance you ran
  • The amount of time you ran for (as well as your time per km and km per hour)
  • The amount of calories you burnt during your run
  • The route that you ran, as well as a summary of the inclines and declines

This is an example of what the app looks like

The "i Map My Run" app even talks to you while you are running to tell you how far you have run and the time that it has taken you. After you have completed the run, you can post all your running details on facebook, for your friends to view.

If you're not a runner and prefer cycling or hiking, there are also other similar apps that you might prefer, such as "i Map my ride", "i Map my Tri", "i Map my Hike" and you can view these on this website

No comments:

Post a Comment